Telemedicine is the perfect healthcare service during these unprecedented times. It can help patients get evaluated and treated in a timely fashion by a doctor or specialist from the comfort of their own homes. Here are 8 benefits of telemedicine for the treatment of orthopedic hip conditions:
- Convenience: Telemedicine is a good option for patients that have difficulty walking due to hip pain and joint problems as well as those who are unable to drive themselves to their doctor’s appointment.
- Management of Chronic Hip Conditions: Patients with chronic degenerative hip joint conditions can discuss symptoms with the orthopedic doctor via telemedicine. Additionally, various treatment options, including lifestyle changes, to protect the hip joint can be explained to help improve symptoms.
- Physical Therapy: A personalized exercise program to strengthen and stabilize the hip can be provided using telemedicine.
- Less Time Consuming: Patients can save a lot of time which would otherwise be spent travelling to the doctor’s office.
- Social Distancing:The risk of infection while traveling or spending time in the waiting room can be avoided.With telemedicine, patients do not have to step outside of their home to receive care.
- Cost Effective: Telemedicine visits are covered by most major insurance companies, similar toregular in-office visits.
- Review of Imaging Studies: The patient’s X-ray, MRIs, CT scans, and other diagnostic studies can be reviewed and discussed online.
- Patient Monitoring: The doctor can discuss the patient’s response to treatment and make modifications if necessary.Medications can be altered or refilled and the treatment plan can be modified or maintained according to the patient’s feedback.
For more information on the telemedicine services provided by American Hip Institute for your hip condition, please call (833) 872-4477.
Dr. Ajay C. Lall is a dual fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine and hip arthroscopy. He is an avid clinical researcher with numerous presentations and publications at international academic meetings and within top peer-reviewed journals. The doctors at the American Hip Institute® have been global leaders in Hip Arthroscopy and Robotic Surgery for over a decade. While some would call this excellence, we simply call it the American Hip Institute standard.