Workers' Compensation Services Terms and Conditions
World-Class Orthopedic Care With a Concierge Approach to Treating Work-Related Injuries of the Hip, Shoulder, Knee, Elbow and Ankle.
For More Information call us at
What to expect from AHI Orthopedic Specialists
- A Care Specialist from AHI will respond to your request at your preferred contact method within 24 business hours.
- Workers' Compensation Evaluations and or Treatment will be seen typically within 48 business hours of when our Care Specialist establishes contact with the patient or agent acting on behalf of the patient.
- IME (Independent Medical Evaluation) , PPI (Partial Permanent Impairment) Ratings and Second Opinions will generally be scheduled to be seen by our providers within 10 business days from when our Care Specialist establishes contact
with the patient or agent acting on behalf of the patient.
- Payments, imaging, and all pertinent medical records for the IME and or PPI ratings are due at least 10 business days prior to the scheduled date. Records must include a cover sheet outlining the specific questions that need to be addressed in the IME narrative report.
- Payments are non refundable once received.
- Reports will generally be available within 2 business days of the exam.
- If a PPI Rating is requested, the patient must be at MMI (Maximum Medical Improvement) for the requested body part that the PPI is being ordered.
- It is the sole responsibility of the client to provide a professional interpreter accompanying an IME and or PPI Rating subject if the subject does not speak fluent English. AHI will under no circumstance provide translation services for IME and or PPI Rating appointments. There will be no refund for IME and or PPI Rating appointments that require an interpreter but do not have the professional interpreter accompanying the subject at the appointment (subject will be turned away).
- Additional records reviewed for IME's AFTER the patient has been seen by the provider will result in addendum to the report and additional charges to review additional records,imaging studies and or surveillance footage. The addendum report will generally be available within 5 business days of the receipt of payment for the additional charges for the addendum.
- All IME subjects must have x rays that are at least 1 year old or newer (no exceptions). If the subject does not have x rays at least 1 year or newer, AHI Orthopedic Specialists can provide this service at the Des Plaines location. If you choose to have x rays performed elsewhere, we require the x ray films and radiology report at least 10 business days in advance of the exam date.