Ajay C. Lall, M.D., M.S.
Dr. Ajay C. Lall is a dual fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine and hip arthroscopy in the Chicago area. His background includes orthopaedic sports fellowship training at the world renowned American Sports Medicine Institute / Dr. James Andrews Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center, Birmingham, AL. He has also completed a formal hip preservation fellowship under master hip arthroscopist and reconstruction expert, Dr. Benjamin G. Domb, at the American Hip Institute, Chicago, IL. He is an avid clinical researcher with numerous presentations and publications at international academic meetings and within top peer-reviewed journals.
Dr. Lall has treated collegiate, professional, and elite level athletes, including players for the NFL, NBA, MLB, PGA, NCAA and WWE. Dr. Lall treats patients from across the country who travel to Chicago for their surgery, and he takes pride in caring for every patient like a professional athlete.
Education and Training:
- Fellowship in Hip Arthroscopy and Joint Restoration. Dr. Benjamin G. Domb, American Hip Institute, Chicago, IL
- Fellowship in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Surgery of the Shoulder, Knee and Elbow, American Sports Medicine Institute/ Dr. James Andrews Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center, Birmingham, AL
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- M.D., Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown, OH
- M.S., Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- B.A., Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Areas of Specialty:
- Sports Medicine, Arthroscopic surgery of the hip
- Reconstructive Surgery of the Hip (Anterior Approach, Robotic-Arm Assisted)
- Cutting-Edge Regenerative Medicine (Stem Cell, PRP)
Current & Previous Appointments:
- Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon, Co-Director of the Hip Preservation Fellowship, American Hip Institute
- Team Physician, Hinsdale Central High School
- Assistant Team Physician, Birmingham Barons (Chicago White Sox MLB AA-affiliate
- Assistant Team Physician, WWE Professional Wrestling
- Assistant Team Physician, USA Cheer
- Assistant Team Physician, Alabama Ballet
- Assistant Team Physician, Samford University Football NCAA Div-I (FCS)
- Assistant Team Physician, Bessemer Academy High School AISA Class AAA, Bessemer, AL
- Sports Medicine Staff, Jim Kelly Football Camp, Orchard Park, NY
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Association of North America (AANA)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- International Society of Hip Arthroscopy (ISHA)
European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (EFORT)
Dr. Ajay Lall was invited to speak at the 2019 European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (EFORT). On behalf of the American Hip Institute, 6 topics were presented regarding the hip preservation and reconstruction to the international orthopaedic community at large.