Mark F. Schinsky, M.D.
of the Hip & Knee
Dr. Schinsky is a fellowship-trained, board-certified orthopedic surgeon with specialties in Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery, Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery, and Orthopaedic Surgery. He received his medical degree from Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons, in New York and trained at the most prestigious Orthopaedic training programs including Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University in St. Louis and RUSH University in Chicago.
He has extensive experience in practice and has performed thousands of hip and knee replacements. He specializes in minimally invasive, complex primary, and revision adult total joint replacement surgery using the latest technology on patients from Chicagoland and across the country who travel for his skill and expertise.
Dr. Schinsky has helped to design several novel orthopaedic implants and continues to travel nationally and internationally to educate and train other orthopaedic surgeons on the latest total joint replacement techniques, implants, and surgical procedures.
Dr. Mark Schinsky and his trusted team of health care professionals are committed to providing you the very best orthopaedic care to meet your unique needs.
Education and Training:
- Fellowship in Adult Total Joint Reconstruction, Midwest Orthopaedics at RUSH, Rush University Medical Center, and Central DuPage Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri
- General and Orthopaedic Surgery Internship, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri
- M.D., Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons, New York, New York
- B.B.A., Goizueta Business School, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Areas of Specialty:
- Adult Reconstruction
- Total Joint Replacement
- Total Hip Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement
- Revision Joint Replacement
- Hip Resurfacing
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement
- Young Adult Hip Pathology
- Cruciate Sparing Knee Replacement
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Joint Replacement utilizing Enabling Technology
- Robotic Assisted Joint Replacement
- Anterior Muscle-sparing Hip Replacement
- Hip and Knee Trauma/Fracture Management
- Regenerative Medicine
- Osteoporosis Management
Current and Previous Appointments
- Attending Orthopedic Surgeon, Director of Complex Hip and Knee Replacements, American Hip Institute & Orthopaedic Specialists, Chicago, IL
- Attending Orthopedic Surgeon, Castle Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, Aurora, IL
- Medical Director, Center for Joint Reconstruction and Replacement, RUSH - Rush Copley Medical Center, Aurora, IL
- Medical Director, Castle SurgiCenter, LLC, RUSH - Castle Orthopaedics, Aurora, IL
- Medical Director, Fracture Liaison Service, RUSH - Rush Copley Medical Center, Aurora, IL
- Chair, Hospital Quality Committee, Rush Copley Medical Center, Aurora, IL
- Instructor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Rush Medical College, Rush University, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- DuPage County Medical Society
- Illinois State medical Society
- American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS)
- American Medical Society (AMA)
- National Osteoporosis Foundation (NOF)
Visit www.chicagohipandkneereplacement.com for more information.